Tuesday, May 08, 2007

MDSW Afterglow

Well. I had a wonderful time. Here are my new goodies ...

Clockwise from top left: N's Tess sock yarn (good taste my dear), Terra bargain yarn (2 skeins light indigo, 2 skeins sunflower), a big pile of stuff (1 skein Spirit Trail sock yarn, 4 skeins Green Mountain Spinnery Sylvan Spirit Peridot, 1 skein Brooks Farm Acero), new drop spindle with Spin It book, felting kits from Black Sheep Designs (Jingle balls and birds), and N's dye tops from Springwater Workshop (nice color selection N!).

Most fun was meeting Carol (you totally crack me up), Jody, Erin, Nova, Bridget, and Amy. What a great time! The girls came along and did very well. N truly enjoyed shopping for fiber. Scary. She's only 7. I better up her allowance ...


R dug the animals (and avoided Carol's fate). We were all richly rewarded with festival food before heading to the In-Laws ...

Where the BackBou tried his hand at drop spindling.


Then home again for a photoshoot of our kitchen! Fine Homebuilding is going to feature our kitchen remodel in their kitchen and bath issue (out in the fall). We felt like rock stars!



The BackBou demonstrating the usefulness of the butcherblock. With all the excitement of the photos, I knit an entire sleeve of the Spartan with the wrong needles. Drat.

PS: Auntie Lynn -- Sorry we missed you! Thanks for the yummy shortbread!

7 comments:

Liz K. said...

I loved fiber shopping with N! She has it in the genes.

Anonymous said...

Dang you MDS&W goers! So green with envy.

So cool about your kitchen!

Mo said...

Mmmmm ... the yarn, the ice cream, the kitchen. Heaven.

Anonymous said...

That is so neat that your kitchen is going to be famous! :)

Bridget said...

I enjoyed meeting you, too! And how cool that your kitchen is going to be in a magazine ... our kitchen currently would only qualify for Dark Postage-Stamp-Size Kitchens Monthly ...

eyeknit said...

Ann, it was great meeting you at the festival. Our kitchen (with us in it) was on HGTV's Kitchen Trends about 2 years ago...at first, it seemed so fun, but it was also weird. Random people we don't even know still occasionally mention it. I can't wait to see the magazine!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann and Bou- Sorry I missed you as well, But Grandma Jane and I had a great day while Gale and Fritz tackled the National Archives.
I finished my few ( 14 ) baby caps for Africa. One gal made over 50! I turned to a prayer shawl for a friend... she will be a true friend if she ignores the mistake. You people do spectacular knitting. Happy May
Auntie Lyn