Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Quick Surprise

At the end of the summer I got a surprise email forwarded to me from N's school -- a friend that I had met backpacking in Spain was trying to track me down and had found my name on the RWS website. We reconnected and it has been such a wonderful time getting to know her again and learning about her family and life.

And last week her family grew a bit ... one more life has joined it. So I will send off a little surprise in the mail tomorrow ...





Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket by EZ (The Opinionated Knitter)
Needles: US 6s
Yarn: Louet Gems Fine/Sport Weight in Grape and Willow
Notes: I have been blessed with some mighty fine knitting projects lately and this was no exception. What an incredible pattern (my first BSJ) and what fabulous yarn (my first time with Louet Gems as well). I did not modify the pattern at all -- just wanted to knit it as it was written originally and see what happened. I am extremely happy with the results but wish my increases were a bit neater looking.


I changed colors randomly and love how the funky seaming turned out.

This yarn is just wonderful and I am going to use the remaining yarn for something for my girls (I used just about 1/2 skein of each color).

These excellent buttons are from The Yarn Lounge here in Richmond.

When I bought this yarn I had no idea it was from South Africa. Tomorrow I will be sending the BSJ to Cape Town where it will meet it's new little owner ...



Surprises all around!

7 comments:

Bridget said...

What a great gift - I love the way it turned out! I am going to have to give that pattern a try one of these days ...

Liz K. said...

I heart the BSJ, and I love the story. I had no idea that Louet was from South Africa.

Anonymous said...

Nice surprises all around! Lovely gift!

Sally said...

Beautiful Ann!

jane said...

What a lucky baby! That sweater is beautiful! Jane

picperfic said...

gorgeous! love the colours!

Peacock Chic said...

wow that is so great. I am sure she will love the BSJ!