Wednesday, February 15, 2006

IK: a first impression

Not that anyone cares what such a neophyte knitter thinks about these things ... I have no design experience, my style is "grubby mom," and I rarely am attracted to any color other than black, green, purple, or blue.

Breezy Cables -- yes. I will try to knit this. I'm crazy about Aran patterns. I always need pockets. And I think I can make sure the bobbles stay away from my nipples ...
Bobble Blue -- not my style, too many bobbles.
The Caftan -- love it. This is just beautiful. But am confused about what my breasts would do with this opening. After breastfeeding for 4+ years, they don't behave so well now. Maybe this is for more of a straight-lined type person ...
Saddle seam pullover -- ick. I am fascinated by glassblowing however ...
Sunrise circle jacket -- very, very nice. I wouldn't wear it, but I really like the design. And I think the color is gorgeous (am I stepping outside my comfort zone?)
On piece lace pullover and waterlily top -- wouldn't knit these either. The waterlily looks shapeless. The pullover looks grandmotherly.
Seeing Dots cardigan -- I WILL knit this. I love the cuffs, the polkas, the fun design. It looks fancy and playful -- my girls will love it.
Trellis scarf -- This is really elegant looking. I could see knitting this for someone who likes to dress up (meaning something other than my usual dress up playtime with the kids -- the bad pirate, the silly clown, the crying baby, the really sick patient ...).
Aran rose-- don't like this. Something about the ropes with all the angles of the diamonds. I don't have great style, and I do like reinterpretations of traditional patterns, but this was off the mark for me.
Simply lovely lace socks -- love them! Will knit them ...
Rib and cable mitts -- I might make these next week. We keep our heat low. It's often 61degrees when I'm knitting at night. I need these.

Got to head off to knitting group! I'll write more later ...

No comments: