Monday, August 21, 2006

As the stole sits ...

... I cook. And cook. And cook. I can't help it. My kitchen is done* and she is a thing of beauty. My friend will understand about the unfinished stole as she tastes my garlicky slow-roasted garden tomatoes on the BackBou's sourdough bread with a dab of yummy, tangy goat cheese on top.

Some of you might have missed my tale of why we needed the new kitchen (read it here), but just look:


Before


During


After


Details: Bamboo cabinets, cork floors, concrete countertops, Elkay faucet, John Boos butcher block, Bosch convection oven, Asko dishwasher (not the portable, roll across the kitchen and hook it up to the sink one we had for six years), and (although you can't see them), one of my favorite features, Bose speakers recessed in the ceiling so I can jam all through food prep. This kitchen rocks! (Can you tell, I'm just a bit psyched, just a little bit.)

Many thanks to Chris Arias (hubby to Brandon and contractor extraordinaire), Rob Staropoli (cabinet making guru), and Faith Dickerson (electrical wiz).

Now, I shall go knit like the wind ...

*When I say "done," I mean everything but the tiling which will be done at a later date since we kind of ran out of money ...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

crumpling with jealousy. what a beautiful kitchen!!!

Sally said...

Good grief. I'd rather live in a yurt than a house with rats. Your kitchen looks really nice.

Liz K. said...

The funny thing is that Ann WOULD rather live in a yurt! Trust me on this one. We just had a discussion about yurts last weekend. Remind me to tell you the story.

Liz K. said...

Oh, and by the way, your kitchen looks AMAZING! Better than I even imagined. I wish I could be there to help you christen it!

Ann said...

I do really love yurts!

Aileen said...

Your kitchen looks great! It belongs in a magazine!

Teresa said...

Beautiful colours, very warm and inviting great for a kitchen.

Dorothy said...

That is one gorgeous kitchen! I think that would knock my knitting off track for a while too.