Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dreaming of Fall


Last night at 10:30pm it was 85 degrees outside. It's just not cooling off at night and then the heat just builds during the day. Each day gaining more ground on the thermometer. We hit 97 here in the yard yesterday. Today should see 99 or 100. I was out gardening before 7. Trying to keep up with the deadheading, weeding, and watering. That's about all I can do right now until we get some wet and cool weather (when will that be?).



So we're spending much of the day inside or at the pool. (Avoiding the unfinished kitchen -- we're three months into this now and only missing the counter and the sink that goes with it.) I am knitting the stole and socks. I whipped out another baby hat for a little baby girl, Ella. Once again in the cashmerino aran. That stuff is so luxurious ...



Most of what I am doing lately is drooling over the new Interweave Knits Mag. I can't wait to do Fall knitting! (the SoSKAL will be over soon!) The Spartan Pullover is one of the nicest, simplest man-sweaters I've seen in a while. The Lace information is spectacular (I want to be Eunny Jang in my next life). And that Gatsby Girl Pullover is just incredible. The design is elegant, it's sexy without being in your face, and those buttons on the shoulder are wonderful. I want to knit it. But it's not my style -- what's my style? Think Dead shows, garden clothes, grubby, loose-fitting, comfortable ... the Gilda Radner quote: "I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch."

But I may step out of my box and try this elegant, form-fitting, gorgeous sweater. And then if I don't like wearing it, it will make a fabulous present! I can totally see you wearing this Liz -- it would look stunning on you!

2 comments:

Liz K. said...

I was quite attracted to that Gatsby Pullover too, as well as a bunch of other projects in IK.

We are going to be in triple digits for the rest of the week. Argh! So. Hot.

Wendy Stackhouse said...

I, too, am besotted with the Gatsby Girl sweater. I think I must have it. But when will I knit it? Too much in the queue!!