Monday, May 15, 2006

The Happy Cephalopods ...


So dear, lonely nautilus found a friend this weekend: Squid. They are very happy together and were presented to The Boy at his party on Sunday. I am sure they will be loved and made real. And one day they will cavort with all the other cephalopods in a shoal in the deep blue sea ...



I also felted this purse for my MIL for Mother's Day. It is still drying and will be a bit late! Since this photo, I've stretched it in places so that it doesn't look so uneven and the color isn't really so dark grey (my camera does funny thing with the color sometimes). The girls and I are going to pick out a nice button for it tomorrow. It was really fun to knit.

Yarn: Labrador color 7264 (I knitted with a single strand, not double as in the pattern.)
Needles: Addi Turbo size 11
Pattern: Everyday Purse with Flap from Felted Knits by Beverly Galeskas

I've made a small bit of progress on the stole, I'll have some pictures later this week. I did make a mistake that may or may not be torn out. I'm just not sure yet. It happened after we failed our plumbing inspection for the 2nd time and I was trying to knit to calm down before I called the plumbers. I should have just lost my temper.

BB and the girls really came through for Mother's Day!



Here are the beautiful needles that were waiting for me Sunday morning. Way to go!

8 comments:

Liz K. said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! The BB and the girls did fantastic for you for Mother's Day -- what beautiful needles! I love the squid to go with Nautie, and have no doubt they will be loved. What the hell happened with the plumbing?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love your nauties! Super cute :)

KnitPastis said...

They turned out so cute! Love your Nauties!

Mo said...

BB did good, very good. Love the nauties.

Anonymous said...

Love the squid thing!!! Such lovely needles too. Lucky gal!

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»