Saturday, May 20, 2006

Just a bit tardy ...



So here is the purse for my MIL for a belated Mother's Day present. I finally sewed the button on this morning after seamstress extraordinaire, Amy, helped me figure out how to affix the elastic. I am very sewing challanged. It's a wonder I ever do seams at all.



I am making slow progress on the stole, but am almost done with the 2nd skein. It really is a beautiful project to knit. I love the Jo Sharp cotton and the way it just seems to glide over the addi's. I'm trying to stay focused on my friend while I knit it. This morning I listened to Krishna Das (sanskrit chanting -- really accessible and deeply moving) while I knit and BB had the kiddies.



My socks are neglected no longer, I have turned the heel on the 2nd 2x2 rib sock. Not far to go now!

Here's a funny conversation with BB the other day:

Me: Liz and Mo have some serious stash, I just don't have any. I can't believe I have no stash. [This is said with a touch of panic in my voice.]

BB: What in the world do you mean?

Me: I just have that small basket in my closet.

BB: It's a big basket. And what about all those bags?

Me: Bags? Oh, you mean those. Well, ok, so technically that's stash, but still.

BB: There's a lot of yarn in that closet.

I still don't believe him and later, when he's not around, I wander over to my closet and open the door. Bags of yarn start falling down on me. I guess my unconscious theory has been that as long as I keep piling it in that one small, ok fairly large, basket, I can rationalize any and all stash enhancement. It's classic denial. Ok, I admit it, I do have some small amount of stash. But it's not enough.

5 comments:

NeedleTart said...

About your reading list: Tomorrow's (May 21) New York Times will have a list of the most influential books of the 20th century (or maybe it was the most influential recent books). Take a look and see if anything comes up for your list.

Anonymous said...

It's never.ever.ever.enough.

Tina said...

friendgirl, I KNOW from tardiness. More power to you for following through.

Re. stash -- I wish I knew how much yarn I've forgotten that I have. I have this crazy aunt who sent me a lawn bag full of vintage Tahki handspun chonky stuff -- yellow-ernge, fuchsia and purple -- and I have no idea where it is.

Impressive WIPs!

Liz K. said...

Looking forward to our stash enhancement expedition on Friday at the Yarn Lounge -- I will help you to have more stash anytime!

Laurie (Moo!) said...

harv said it before I could...

It's never enough.