Monday, May 15, 2006

Sweet Little Baby Kimono



This quick knit happened this weekend. It's the baby kimono from the Mason Dixon book done in Tahki Cotton Classic from the stash.

A few pattern modifications:
  • All stockinette instead of garter.
  • Added an eyelet row on the bottom edge.
  • Instead of sewing the ribbon into the seam, I wove it through the eyelet row.
  • Increases along the front edges are done in a yarn over two stitches in from the edge.
  • Sleeve openings are vented.

All in all, very quick and easy. I can't wait to give it away!

8 comments:

Liz K. said...

This is the prettiest one of these I've seen yet. I think the color is just gorgeous, and I think the tahki is a little more delicate that the dishcloth cotton. A "first girl" deserves something better than good ole' dishrag cotton!

Anonymous said...

Really Nice!

Ann said...

Well, there will be no kimono from me! I can't compete with that! How wonderful it turned out! I've got to find something for my cashmerino ...

Liz K. said...

BTW, you should cross-post this to the Mason-Dixon KAL. Your changes are worth sharing with the cult of MDK. Great site, BTW.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

In one of the changes, you mentioned that the sleeves were vented. I'm not sure what that means. The kimono was gorgeous. Thanks