Monday, October 08, 2007

You Must Believe in ... Fall?

One of my favorite songs is "You Must Believe in Spring" -- there is something so powerful about clinging to the promise of warmth and light when things are cold and dark. But I swear, I am ready for the cold and dark. And could we have a little rain too? Maybe I should queue up "Cold Rain and Snow." It is hot, humid, and dry. Um, excuse me Mother Nature, it's October! I know we created the whole global warming situation, but I've been drying my clothes on the line, walking more, and using those curly light bulbs -- could you cut me a break here?

The upside is that I've really been enjoying some warm autumn activities.

Taking our new kayak out every weekend.



Having a blast at the State Fair.



And enjoying way too much yarn at The Fall Fiber Festival.






My Trellis is done but waiting for buttons and I've started an angel lace shawl.


Knitting is slow these days since I'm busy preparing for our big fall party and the RWS Holiday Bazaar. Between volunteer work and children, some days it's hard to keep fresh food in the house and clean clothes on the kids. And next weekend, we're going to be jamming to excellent free live music all weekend at the National Folk Festival.

Who am I kidding though. My real distraction is that I've finally received my invitation to Ravelry. Holy Mackerel, what a time suck! I love it! It has been tremendously fun.

I'll have more details on my knitting and stash enhancement from the Fiber Fest soon ...

5 comments:

Sally said...

Lovely pics Ann, and I am right with you on the weather! I can do without dark, but some rain and cooler temps would be lurvely just about now, you know, so we can actually wear the things we're making...

Anonymous said...

Glad you're able to enjoy an Autumn weekend! It does look like a grea tiime! Yay for Ravelry! What's your user name?

Bridget said...

I'm with you on the weather thing, and I love your pictures!

Glad you are in Ravelry, I'll look for you.

Liz K. said...

Fall has just blown in here. I am eyeing the wool sweaters...

I've tried to really enjoy this Indian Summer, as I'm sure I'll be bitching in January!

Anonymous said...

I have to limit myself to a pre-determined time limit before I sign in to the joyous time suck that is Ravelry. Glad you had a good weekend!