Thursday, June 22, 2006

Buttonhole bags ... felted


Ok, now they are felted. This free pattern comes from the gals at Mason-Dixon Knitting. The pattern calls for bulky yarn on 15s. I used worsted on 11s, so my bags are a bit smaller. I already made another, and I'm fixing to cast on again. I'm telling you, these bags are addictive.

I plan to use one of the bags to make a "Get Knitting" kit for an upcoming neighborhood auction. I'm going to fill the bag with a basic knitting book, some previously loved needles and several balls of yarn from the stash. How's that for some busting?

3 comments:

Liz K. said...

What a great kit! I think you have all the details down. The felted buttonhole bags are the perfect holder.

Ann said...

Fantastic idea!! The bags look terrific -- I think I'm going to have to put together a kit like this for the RWS auction next year. It's a very clever idea ...

Anonymous said...

Love 'em!