Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Conundrum of the Best Kind

Look here and see what I got:



My Sundara Petals Collection Yarn and my Lorna's Laces from Grumperina!

I received the Sundara yarn yesterday, and let me say, once SoS is over, I highly recommend that you patronize her (and other indie yarn artists out there!). Her yarns are absolutely beautiful, and the package was put together with such care.

The colorway is Calla Lilly, and she definitely captured the colors perfectly. She also included a beautiful postcard, a lollipop, and a fantastic exclusive pattern.

Then, today, I received my Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock from Grumperina. She selected a beautiful colorway, called Cool. She also included a chocolate bar! Yum! Thanks so much, Kathy! I promptly ran to the yarn room and picked out a pattern: IK's Winter '05 Embossed Leaves.

So, my dilemma: which do I bring with me on vacation down the shore this week? Of course, I will bring that bbbbbblllllllaaaaaahhhhhhh Trekking sock for knitting while trekking, and I am (finally) chugging along satisfactorily on Orangina. But this is vacation! I want something fun, beautiful, indulgent. Calla Lilly calls to me, and there is something just so delicious about the exclusiveness of the yarn and the pattern. You see so many of the same things on blogs all the time -- it would be fun to have something unique. But I have lusted for Lorna's Laces for a long long time, and cannot imagine it marinating in my stash...and the colors are so perfect for a seaside vacation?

So do I bring Sundara's Calla Lilly? Or some cool Lorna's Laces?

12 comments:

Emma said...

Ahh, I never get tired of gazing at photos of Calla Lily. It's just exceptionally beautiful. You're so lucky!

iSeL said...

Bring both! Who knows what mood you will be in once out of town...and what if you bring the wrong one?
I can't even imagine! :P

Anonymous said...

Both for sure! I mean it seems that they like to travel together so why not just stash them both in your suitcase :-)

They are both so lovely by the way, enjoy!

Jersey Shore Deb said...

I just finished the Embossed Leaves Socks--GREAT choice. You will love doing them and they will look lovely in this yarn.

Anonymous said...

calla lily fo' sure, honey chile.

that colorway just pops right out and hits ya upside the head.

have a great vacation downdashore (down the shore for you non-philly readers) and don't get too sunburned!

anne marie

Martina said...

Bring everything! The yarns are to die for!

aija said...

The Sundara! Just cos it looks like summer :)

Francesca said...

Calla Lily. It just says summer.

How lovely that you have both. Oh boy i love yarn.

Marnie said...

they're little. bring both. one can be a daylight sock and the other a sundown sock.

Mo said...

Oh wow! Those are just beautiful. Enjoy them both.

ButterflyLane said...

I agree with the majority. Both, definitely.

Dorothy said...

Both. I know I wouldn't be able to choose either.