Monday, June 12, 2006

Knitting That Stash ...

So I'm plugging away at the stash ...

One starfish purse from America Knits in All Hemp 06 Lilac.



And most of a Penobscot Scarf also in the Hemp. I've done much more work since I took this picture, I've only got one lace block left. I'm excited to see how it will smooth out when I block it.


I tried to make a felted bowl (Brown Sheep Kiwi) when I was just knitting around one night, but lo and behold, I have either a baby bowler or a big grassy mound for the kids' little gnomes to run on ...


I've done some small amount of work on the stole, but I've started Lucky in Rowan All Seasons Cotton Black Currant for a baby that should be arriving soon.


Here is what I have so far for The Dulaan Project -- Fantastic! Many thanks to Liz and Martha who knit the bulk of the hats!

Question about doing yarn overs in the Penobscot pattern: When I do the yo, sl 2 kwise as if to k2tog, k1, p2sso, I find that my yo is much looser than the corresponding yo on the other side of the decrease. It's not that noticible with the hemp and with this scarf, but I think if I were actually doing it in the silk, it would bother me. Do other people have issues with their yo not being uniform? Liz, yours were just great in your shawl ... is this something that you focused on?

3 comments:

Liz K. said...

Actually, if you look closely, you'll find that my YOs are not exactly uniform. They looked much better after blocking, which I imagine will happen with your scarf too. I think the best way to tighten up any stitch is to Ktbl, but I'm not sure where I would do that -- perhaps on the next row when it is time to actually knit the YO, knit it TBL? Try it (insert a lifeline a row down or two, and sort of swatch mid-project. See what it does. I'm curious.

Tina said...

Hey Miz Busyhands -- looks fine to me. Of course, this is from one who just recently conquered yophobia (don't ask), so I wouldn't know, but could it be that the nonuniformity is deliberate? I see how the holes sort of zigzag ... I dunno. Wonder how it'll block out. How does hemp block? Yet another experience to look forward to!

Y'all a great.

Liz K. said...

BTW, I am so happy to see all those warm Dulaan hats!