Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Shawl Makes Her Debut

Last night was my sister's 30th birthday, and Mom took us to Le Bec-Fin to celebrate. Six courses later, I am still stuffed.

But the shawl made her debut, so, here she is:



The obligatory full-stretch shot.



A close up, highlighting the lovely color variations, and to see the stitch pattern up close. One of the nicest things about this shawl is that it nicely defines your shoulders. At least that's what my sister-in-law said.


A bit of the dresss, for those who care to see...

Oh, I'm just so gleefully proud of myself!!


The particulars:

Pattern: Weavers Wool Mini Shawl
Yarn: Blue Heron Yarns Rayon Metallic in Hibiscus
Pattern Mods and Notes: The pattern calls for knitting the shawl in garter; I used stockinette. This yarn is totally unlike anything I would normally choose. I mean, it has a gold thread running through it. It almost borders on (she leans in and whispers) novelty yarn. But the colors are just absolutely beautiful, and they do match the dress quite well, if I do say so myself. And the hand of the fabric is just wonderfully soft.

The pattern is incredibly simple, which still did not incubate me from many trips to the frog pond on this one. I took me a while to be able to read my lace (although this hardly qualifies as lace, in light of what other lace knitters have created), but once I figured it out, and made liberal use of lifelines throughout the project, it went much quicker.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

a gorgeous shawl on a gorgeous person!

"pretty in pink" comes to mind...

anne marie

Ann said...

TTOW! It is just fabulous!!!

How wonderful! And it looks incredible with the dress and shoot, do you look smokin ...

Way to go Liz! I hope you know I'm going to call to get the scoop on the yummy food ...

Liz K. said...

*blushing*

Dorothy said...

Love it!1 If only I could wear pink!

Anonymous said...

You should be proud! It is beautiful :-)

Hannah said...

Looks terrific!

Anonymous said...

The shawl is so pretty! You look great in pink.

My friend, Peggy, is the designer of that shawl. I have to tell her she's famous!

carrie said...

it's perfect! and that's an adorable dress to boot. very sassy.

iSeL said...

You look beautiful, and the shawl looks so sophisticated and feminine...I love it.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see your head in some pictures. ;o) The shawl is fantastic, which is no surprise. I expect to hear all about Le Bec Fin on Wednesday, as I forgot to ask about it last time. A bientot, mon amie.