Thursday, April 05, 2007

11-4 for Socks

In a recent post, I asked for feedback about frogging the fuschia Anastasia socks in service of Chevron Madness. The votes were pretty clearly on the side of keeping the socks and many commenters suggested that I keep the socks and buy more Koigu.

Not to be contrary, but I went with the minority, especially once I got Minty's imprimatur. The Anastasia socks are history and my chevron scarf is growing. Perhaps if I had mentioned the following:

- The colors match my Spring coat perfectly.



- I really want a chevron scarf. Really badly.

- I truly am not buying yarn until the MD Koigu Binge MDSW. Buying more yarn is not currently an option, and I want a scarf now.

- I do not have a handknit scarf. Seriously. As Theresa said, I have a bunch of socks. I have about a dozen currently in rotation, and wool sock season is hopefully at an end until September. But after 6 years of obsessive knitting, I do not have a great handknit scarf! I'll say it again. I DO NOT HAVE A HANDKNIT SCARF! I have been wearing the same turquoise pashmina scarf for years now.

I have made some scarves, but have either given them away, or they are not exactly wearable. There's one that's too itchy. This one stretched beyond wearability. So it is time for this knitter to actually have a scarf.

Thanks for the feedback, friends, but I gotta do my thing. I must have this scarf. And a few others too, I think.

13 comments:

iSeL said...

Good for you! That was definitely the better choice. Pretty cool look with that coat, too.

Anonymous said...

By all means, you must have a chevron scarf!

Angelika said...

You really have the scarf fever and the best way to cure it is to give into it or it will haunt you forever. Go for it and happy knitting.

Ashley said...

Oh, it's perfect with your coat! Good decision :)

Ann said...

I have scarves. Not enough socks. My vote was totally biased! The chevron looks incredible!

Anonymous said...

sweetie, you are allowed to do whatever you want with your knitting--and i'm so glad that this is making you happy! it looks awesome with your coat.

Anonymous said...

Clearly, the decision to go with the minority was the best. That scarf looks fabulous. My Chevron scarf will be my first handknit scarf too! Ah, and my pashmina scarf is lavenderish.

Mo said...

Hmm .. I'm been watching the Chevron madness, too. Yours is just lovely. Maybe I'll have to follow-along.

Anonymous said...

it's knitting. it doesn't matter what we say. only what you want.

good for you for doing what you love.

Elinor said...

OK, you need to knit yourself that scarf! The colors in Chevron are really nice!!! I've seen some too-clashy-for-me Chevrons out there but I like yours a lot!

knittingphilistine said...

Having seen your chevron, I think you've made the right decision. It's beautiful! I absolutely love that yours doesn't have one lick of pooling... just row after row of happy color. And with that coat? So! Cute!

carrie said...

oh, i very much dig the scarf and it DOES look great with your delightful coat! and every knitter needs a handknit scarf -- it's kind of a sin otherwise, no?

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Sometimes it is good to ask for opinions just to be certain that you are going to do what you've already decided to do.

I think that frogging the socks is a great idea. We don't always need to go running out to buy new yarn, especially when what we already have will suit. You can make socks at almost any time out of almost anything - they'll be there! Enjoy the scarf pattern. I made it in January 2005 and really had a good time with it. It's a fun little pattern.