Friday, April 27, 2007

Imagine

Imagine knitting your first EZ pattern ever, a Baby Surprise Jacket. While there is a recipient baby in mind, you mostly knit this pattern for the hell of it, just to figure out the origami of the pattern.


Now imagine making this infinitely fascinating, incredibly clever little garment with leftover yarn from the stash. Imagine knitting it in three days. You are both resourceful and productive!


Now imagine being inspired by the infinite possibilities of such a little jacket, and having knit a prototype, you understand how it works. You know where to add striping and contrasting edging details and you now look at your sock yarn stash in a whole new light. You modify the pattern to suit your needs and your tastes. You write a fascinatingly informative blog post about it, too.


Now imagine having a baby on the way to picture wearing your clever, colorful Baby Surprise Jackets.

No! Not me! You've just imagined that you are Mrs. Frick. Now go read her post, admire her BSJs, and be excited for her bit of baby news.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you had me fooled! I love yours- those colors are fantastic!

Theresa said...

Cute post!

Madge said...

Awww, sweet post.

Stash sock yarn is a wonderful thing.

Annie said...

I am forever fascinated by that jacket! And you had me guessing there for a minute! Now I must blogsurf to see what your jacket is about...

Anonymous said...

I am knitting EZ's blanket from "the opinionated knitter". it's my first EZ.

I AM curious about the BSJ. I have read the instructions and cannot fathom the design turning into anything as nice as your jacket.

guess I will have to give it a try...

rock on, liz!

anne marie in philly

knittingphilistine said...

I imagine someday I'll have a sweet little vegetarian, tree hugging hippie baby, and what a perfect knit for him/her! Love the hippie-crunchy colors of it!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Gorgeous BSJ!

Ashley said...

LOVE the greeny/brownieness of this one!

Dorothy said...

I was already to be happy and congratulation-y. It's a beautiful jacket.

Ann said...

I love this. Love it. And I have a baby in mind. I have got to knit this!

Anonymous said...

It is adorable! And totally groovy. H & little S will be thoroughly proud to promenade through New Hope in such fine gear. Matches the season too. Rock!

Anonymous said...

This little BSJ is scrumptious. You and Julie are making me want to knit it up!

carrie said...

those colors are unbelievable, very springy! nice work.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Did you see the EZ baby sweater in the spring Vogue Knitting? It's a different take on it.