Yesterday was without a doubt, the best birthday I have ever had. Here are 10 reasons why:
1. Diamonds from Mr. S.
2. Nun calendar. I love nuns.
3. Breakfast in bed with fresh-cut flowers from the kids.
4. Gift Certificate for Yarn.
5. Mom's Roast Beef and Baked Potatoes (my favorite) for dinner.
6. My current all-time favorite CDs on the iPod.
7. The Eagles beat the Giants.
8. I finished a pair of socks. This makes 16 pairs of socks this year!
9. I spent my birthday with some of my very favorite people, my family (brother & his family, sister, mom, my hubby and kids). And there's nothing like small children to get really excited about your birthday.
10. When your birthday is the week before Christmas, some people complain that their birthdays get lost in the shuffle. Not in my family. My mom always made sure I had a special birthday, and now, so does my husband. And I love my birthday being a part of the most festive month of the year, and love to associate my birthday with Christmas.
But having spent most of my energies in the past few weeks preparing a magical Christmas for my family, it felt especially amazing for them to make such a special day just for me.