Wednesday, December 12, 2007

MIA

I have been MIA in the knit world lately. No Ravelry, no blogging, and today was my first knitting group in almost a month. Unfortunate yet this is just what has to happen in order to keep the holidays sane for me. (I will be around much more in January!)

Along with the rest of the family, I've been purging the home of unused or unwanted toys (Diversity Thrift here we come!), cleaning in preparation for our tree and Christmas decorating this weekend, shopping for gifts, and enjoying the smaller holidays (St. Nicholas Day, Santa Lucia Day, Winter Soltice) that happen in December. And of course I am busy with holiday knitting!

Here are a few things so far ...




Pattern: Dashing by Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Worsted, Cafe au Lait
Needles: US 7s
Notes: Great pattern. Easy. Fast. For my older brother. They are already in the mail. I loved knitting these! Isn't this yarn a great colorway?



Pattern: Coronet by Andrea Virgiel
Yarn: Malabrigo, Stone Blue
Needles: US 7s
Notes: Great yarn. Great pattern. I had the band knit for quite a while but had put it down for more than a month. Picked it up and finished it in a day. It was meant for my MIL, but then a neighbor had surgery that left her without any hair and I couldn't think of anything better than having Malabrigo warming her head. My MIL is now getting Koolhaas (I love the pattern and should be done soon!).


Back to my knitting and enjoying the unusually warm weather with a picnic in the park!

6 comments:

Laurie (Moo!) said...

They are both beautiful projects! I love the colors you chose. There are going to be some happy holiday cheers, for you!

Liz K. said...

I, too, am finding less time for blogging and taking photographs is just impossible. Unlike you, our weather has been gray and rainy for weeks. Except when it is snowing or "wintry mixing." I miss the bonus weather in Richmond...

tiennieknits said...

Pretty projects! I hear ya on the blogging thing - this time of year is so busy!

Anonymous said...

happy holidays to you and your family, ann!

send some of that warm weather up here, please!

Amy said...

I saw that Lamb's Pride colorway for the first time this past weekend. It looks so nice in those gloves!

nova said...

Lovely mitts, Ann! And I think at this time of year, it's easy to get involved in other things. People totally get it...well, they should.