Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm trying to figure this out...

Is the corrugated rib sweater you're doing the same one that Ann from Mason Dixonis making?  Do you have the book?  I have lusted for it since I went to that Teva Durham workshop at Rosie's Yarn Cellar -- click to see pictures of me there on Rosie's blog -- you'll have to scroll waaaaay down.  I have wanted to try any of the Aurora yarns;  give me an update on how it holds up.

My current works in progress:Jules sweater for Mom-in-law.  Many things to complain about on this project, mostly that knitting in denim requires you knit 20% longer than you would ordinarily do.  And it's white -- no, ecru.  And finally, I am convinced that it is going to be way too bit, even though for the first time in my life, my gauge appears to be right on.  The sweater is super boxy, and I keep telling Marlene, but she is pressing on with this one.  

Socks for Josh -- picked up some hand-spun, hand-dyed over the Christmas holidays when took the kids to the Brandywine River Museum.  Knitting these on size 3s, which is good because Josh wears a size 13.  Will take a post progress pics later.  Using sock recipes from Sensational Knitted Socks -- love this book!


I am trying desperately to make these links work. The browser I use (Safari -- did I mention I got a new Mac?) isn't fully supported, so I think I may need to download a new web browser to make this work easier. Thank God I have the teeniest experience with HTML coding so I could get the links to work, but there has got to be a better way!


Didn't mention what a great time Ann and I had in Washington DC this weekend. Will also try to get some pics up and running. We went to the Natural History Museum and had lunch at the American Indian Museum. The kids did great and the grownups had a ball.

No comments: