Thursday, January 26, 2006

It's like felting a sweater...

So here is the back of Jules, as well as a detail from the hem. This is some tedious knitting, my friends. It's like making a felted item, only with finer yarn and it's as big as a sweater. Annoying, folks, you hear me? It took me two weeks to get through the knitting on this, and I am just not up for casting on for the front. Doing the heart cable blocks aren't so bad; it's the two feet of mostly stockinette above it that is making me crazy. I think I might just take a break and work on instant gratification projects for the next few days...I actually have some tiny knitting to get on the sticks -- my new nephew, G, was born on Sunday in San Diego, and I think that, while California babies do not need sweaters, they do need....
...stash busting, leftover-using baby booties! Note recent addition to knitting library acquired during ongoing book-buying binge. More new books to appear in future posts.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Congrats on the new newphew ... yes he needs booties. He also needs to get used to having an aunt who is a knitter.

Ann said...

That sweater is absolutely gorgeous! Keep knitting sister! And let me also offer congrats on the new nephew ... baby stuff is so much fun to knit!