Friday, January 20, 2006

R's Vest



Okay, first things first. Josh has got huge honkin feet! Size 13. Wow. I think the stuff in the Loop book is pretty cool -- although they certainly have some funky looking models, no? I'm going to try to post a photo of the vest that I knit up for R. Liz saw it this past weekend. It's knit in this cool cotton (Araucania Nature Cotton) that I got on sale at Lettuce Knit. It was supposed to be a sweater, but alas ... not enough yarn ... and I did not do my figuring well enough!

I just started the starfish tam from America Knits. I'm having quite a time with the increases. Reminding me what a beginner I truly am. But after tearing it out a few times, I think I'm getting the hang of it. This one is practice for one to be auctioned as part of an ensemble at the Waldorf auction at the end of February. Do you guys ever search the web for corrections for patterns? There were a few posted for this one, interesting.

I hope to be done in a few days. I'll post a picture.

1 comment:

Mo said...

I would love to see the vest and know the specifics of the project. I bought the same yarn at the sale with the intention of making Liam a vest. It's still in the stash, but I may need to get it out.