Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A quick project


My sweet preschooler has been asking for new scarf, so what were my options? In between a visit to Ann at the cool new neighborhood coffee shop, a conference with a teacher and a Weight Watchers meeting, I snuck into Lettuce Knit and bought a ball of Berrocco Foliage. Everyone at the shop agreed that it was just perfect for Miss Priss.

(BTW, I can't believe I actually lost weight this week after so many splurges in Philly! Whoohoo!)

I also was determined to figure out the yarn I used for the pullover sweater in my previous post. It's Lana Grossa Tre Mouline. It's very splity, but it's a great sub for Rowan's Cotton Braid. I made the short sleeved button up top from the same book with the Cotton Braid. My only problem with the yarn (besides the price) is that I burn up every time it wear it. Even though it's really pretty and I get tons of compliments, I don't think I could ever make a more substantial piece with it.

6 comments:

Liz K. said...

I'm confused (as usual). Is the Cotton Braid the super-hot burning up sweater, or is the Lana Grossa?

BTW, congrats on losing more weight. I'll say it again, you look awesome.

Ann said...

It was like having a celebrity knitter at the group today! Join us every week Mo! And you do look fabulous! Now I have to get back to the pressure knitting of the final Harald St. Hat for the auction ... I'm almost a third of the way done!

Mo said...

It's the Cotton Braid that's hot. The Lana Grossa is just right. Both designs are from the cotton braid book. Maybe I'll post a pic of the cotton braid sweater to add to (or clear up) the confusion

alltangledup said...

that yarn is um pretty loud, but it's got charm.

KnitPastis said...

Very pretty yarn for a scarf! She will love it!

Mo said...

Loud? You think? I'm playing to audience here -- a four-year hold who can carry off a lot of color. I gotta tell you, when she woke up the next morning to find her new scarf, she was sooo happy. She wore it all morning, even it the mid-50s temp. I post pics if I can get her to sit still.