Thursday, August 17, 2006

Tick Tock Goes the Clock


The clock is running. My friend who will be the recipient of the Nora's Stole is visiting in 9 days. I am finishing up skein 6 of 9. I have nothing else on the needles but this stole. It will be done. And blocked. And packaged beautifully. I am trying not to panic here since we also need to have a kitchen. Yikes! Better start knitting ...

On the previous subject of knitting simply and not knitting simply, I know that the act of blogging and blog-reading has elevated my level of knitting -- due to excellent advice, fantastic support and feedback, and pure inspiration. I see crazy colorwork and cables and lace and can't wait to try it! I remember Mr. Weasley's wonderful line from Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire upon seeing the elaborate and extreme wizard tents at the Quidditch World Cup:
"Always the same," said Mr. Weasley, smiling. "We can't resist showing off when we get together..."

I just love all the eye candy!

2 comments:

Liz K. said...

I agree with your take on this. And on most days, blogland inspires me, supports me, and makes me laugh. But on other days, it makes me feel like one pretender of a knitter.

That's when I am reminded that under this cool, relaxed, contented exterior, there is a type-A overachiever lurking in here...supressed but not gone.

Dorothy said...

What a great looking stole. I hope you manage to get it done. So much great stuff out there. My I-wanna-knit-that-too list is getting crazy long.